changing processor name is not really important. we just don’t need to rename it. but if you want to do then you can do it by reading this post. and also changing processor name is not harmful to the computer. To change processor name of your computer or Laptop read the following steps.
How to change processor name
- go to the start menu and click on the Run. or just press WIN+R for going to the run menu.
- in the RUN type Regedit and press the enter button.
- from the registry, window clicks on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>HARDWARE>DESCRIPTION>SYSTEM>CENTRAl PROCESSOR>O
- now right click on the processor name then click on modify.
- in the next window, you will see your processor name into the input box.
- my computer processor name is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz.
- just change this with your desired name. and press the enter button. now your computer processor name is changed.